There seems to have been a lot of problems with the Google XML Sitemap generator shipping with PrestaShop 1.2, so I've had a run through and re-written a fair bit of the code to fix these issues.
The main changes (in 1.4.2) are:
- New XML generation code using the DOMDocument(*) class
- Modified the logic to remove extra elements from the generated URLs
- Added an xml-stylesheet reference to the output file, xsl included in download
- Fixed the issues when "Friendly" urls are turned off
- Add a new field to the cms table on install to track modified dates (auto updating)
- Added removal of additional field on uninstall
(*)If your server doesn't support this then sorry. Go elsewhere for hosting!
Updated to 1.4.3 -- 10 August 2009
- Added error checking and reporting
Updated to 1.4.4 -- 18 August 2009
- Added images to the sitemap (as introduced in the 1.4 version in the 188.8.131.52 distribution)
- 184.108.40.206 including fixes to the Link class which broke 1.4.3, so fixed that
- Added cross-compatibility so this version works in both 1.2.0.x and 1.2.1.x
- Fixed a bug when PSBASEDIR is set to other than the site root