Getting noticed in Google Product Search
There has been huge demand for a module to allow upload of the products in Prestashop installations to Google Base. In an attempt to satisfy this, until such time as I can have a look at implementing it using the Google Base API, I threw together some code that will hopefully work. Only minimal testing has been performed, so I recommend that you use with caution.
Special thanks to Icarus for debugging the latest versions, and for the new feature suggestions for the 0.6.x series and beyond....
Update: The latest version can be found at Prestashop Google Product Search
- File IO modified again to reduce risk of timeouts
- Added g:weight attribute when weight is non-zero for product
- Added g:product_type attribute based on product categories
- Changed description input to textarea
- Added config entry for output filename on server
- Added advanced settings to allow a feed to be generated for another site
- Added compatibility with 1.2beta (provisional)
- Improved error checking for permissions issues
- File IO reduced
- Custom entry for Feed Description
- In version 1.2 the price is output to 6 decimal places instead of 2
- Need to be able to select between short (current) and long description field from database
Updated version (15 September 2008):
Updated version (13 July 2009):
Updated version (16 July 2009):
Maintenance Release (06 January 2010):
- Minor modification to feed writing to attempt to fix blank screen errors in some stores.