Latest Theme and Module Development Tools News - March 2011

Since Prestashop 1.4 has now gone into production,  the original Smarty debug module has been updated to support the latest features. Specifically this means that you should be able to debug both Smarty v2 and Smarty v3 Pretashop themes using the tool. You can read more about it and download the module from the Debugging Prestashop Templates page.


Changes to the site January 2010

It has been a while since I've done any work on the theme for the site but a lot of work has been going on with new updated versions of the underlying software. The main feedback I've been getting is that while the resources are great, navigation of the site is not so hot, so I'm looking at reorganising things to make it more accessible.

Vanilla 2 and Prestashop

I've long loved the original Vanilla forum by Mark O'Sullivan, but I've got to say that the new Garden and Vanilla 2 release has bowled me over. Although still in BETA I was so excited about using it in my latest project that I sat down and wrote a module for Prestashop to allow you to provide a slick single sign-on to both the store and the forum -- utilising the SSO plugin that comes with Vanilla 2.

Revisiting the PayPal Beta Module

Well I discovered that I had two motivations for revisiting PayPal payments in Prestashop this week. One is a new site that I'm working on for a client (more news on that later) and the other is that I discovered I had some free time in between the festivities. Well, not really free time but I managed to squeeze in a few hours at the keyboard anyway.

Mobile eCartService.net

I'm working on enhancements to the mobile site, and it should now render automatically in a nice friendly format for mobile browser users. The theme is still fairly plain, but i'll brand it a bit better over the coming weeks.

URL shortening

I'll be testing out url shortening to go with the Twitter changes on the site, so expect things to not work... bit.ly here I come.


Finally reworked twitter after the crash earlier this week

I finally got around to doing something with the twitter updates on the page after the big crash this week - my old code obviously wasn't up to much and had been added in a hurry. Fingers crossed...


AddStuff is almost 1 Year old!!

Who would have believed it! Well to celebrate, and also to fix a few problems it's recently been updated.

Translations revisited

While upgrading the site recently I decided to review the translations functionality. It appears that this is being used, so I've decided to keep it running for now, although I've limited the number of languages supported.


Yet another Google Base update 0.6.3

It's been a busy week here but I've still found time for the Google Base module which has jumped another few revisions to 0.6.3.

General news update

I've been rather busy lately on other projects so updates on this site have sadly been few and far between. With the release of PrestaShop 1.2 coming up though there has been some work done, and yet more in progress to update the modules on this site to this new version. The Google Base module has been updated slightly, and there are many more fixes and feature updates to go.

Translations

I've been trying out a WordPress module on the site to provide translations, although I'm now sitting here wondering if any of them make any sense! If you feel it adds anything to the site let me know - in fact even if you don't, let me know anyway!


Random Advert Module for PrestaShop Updated (v1.1)

Thanks to a user report (thank you Bach!) a bug was identified in our Adverts module that prevented it working in the left column. We've issued an update that should sort out the error.